Eco Green Energy is excited to welcome a new distributor in Kazakhstan who joined the EGE Global Partners team – Solarway-A.
Solarway-A is a professionally experienced team that has worked in IT integration and energy and, since 2016, has switched its direction to renewable energy. Solar energy is their keen focus, including energy distribution and solar solutions. Moreover, Solarway-A has developed the segment of home and business-solar stations at a feed-in tariff and backup energy supply in Kazakhstan and plans to enter the market of Uzbekistan and other Central Asian countries. The company is one of the pioneers who promote feed-in tariffs and solar system installation around their local market.
We are delighted to start a joint path of fruitful cooperation in the Central Asian PV market with the new partner to bring more successful solar projects together.
Energy Overview of Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan is one of the leading producers of fossil fuels such as coal, crude oil, and natural gas. Its position in the world-ranked lists is as follows: 9th-largest coal producer with 108 million tonnes and 24th for natural gas (38.7 bcm). Moreover, it is the first energy producer among EU4Energy focus countries. It produces more than twice as much crude oil as Azerbaijan.
In 2018, the country produced 91.9 million tonnes (Mt) of crude oil from its Kashagan field.
84% of Kazakhstan generates electricity from fossil fuels, with hydropower accounting for 12% and less than 2% from solar and wind installations as of 2019. The coal produced in the northern regions is to power more than 70% of the country’s electricity generation.
Solar Energy Development
In addition, the potential of solar energy in Kazakhstan is at 2.5 billion kWh per year. They can widely use this source of clean energy in two-thirds of Kazakhstan’s territory. The government aimed to put 28 solar power plants into operation by the end of 2021 and met this goal with currently 51 solar power plants in operation.
According to Morgan Lewis, the Kazakhstan government developed the following state support measures to attract investments in the renewable energy industry:
– Guaranteed purchase of electricity at auction price for 20 years
– Annual indexation of auction prices
– Investment preferences (tax breaks, state in-kind grants)
– Provision of financial support of the government to the FSC
– Exemption from energy transmission fee and priority dispatch of electricity
In 2020, due to the IRENA report, Kazakhstan installed 1,789 GWh of solar energy, and it has a solid intention for the total transfer to renewables in the nearest time.
Eco Green Energy believes that soon come up with more solar installations to achieve the carbon-neutral goal together.
Feel free also to contact us for more information: email@example.com
Keep yourself up-to-date on Solar News, Trends, Applications, and more with our weekly LinkedIn Newsletter.
Also check where you can buy our products, by clicking here.
- IEA,2020 – Kazakhstan energy profile, https://www.iea.org/reports/kazakhstan-energy-profile
- ITA, 2022 – Kazakhstan – Country Commercial Guide, https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/kazakhstan-power-generation#:~:text=As%20of%20January%201%2C%202022,at%20the%20country’s%20power%20plants.
- Morgan Lewis, 2022 – ENERGY TRANSITION: TRENDS IN KAZAKHSTAN -https://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/2022/03/energy-transition-trends-in-kazakhstan-and-the-african-continent